Thursday, September 23, 2010

Dining Room "Reveal"

I feel kind of silly calling this a "reveal," since in actuality it's been done for awhile, but I have gotten a few emails about my dining room and I wanted to show a before and after.  Here is where we started - I had started to despise the dark color in this room, and the furniture, while pretty, was just really not my taste anymore (it was a hand-me-down set from my parents that they owned in the '80s).





Here is the after - much lighter and brighter!


 (I have NO idea why the wall outside this room looks aqua - it is not at all!  It is a very neutral beige-y color.)


 My grandmother's chandelier - LOVE it so much....






Simple window treatment - inexpensive sheers ordered online, hung with drapery clips and some hook things I found on clearance at Calico Corners.  I love the way these turned out.


Here it is at night, with candles lit.  So warm and calming.


I hesitate to share things like this because 1) I don't want anyone to think that I think my decorating is so spectacular, and 2) because I am never finished with any room, so there is never any "final" reveal - haha!  I just thought I'd share since a few people have asked to see more of this room. 

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

WOW - amazing transformation!!! I love the lighter color! It's so funny - my living room was almost exactly that color and then I painted it and the lighter color is almost the same as your lighter color. No wonder I love it so much!!

I shared this on my TT&J FB page and linked to you :)


xox
Jen

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oops, I was thinking it was aqua like that first picture looked. Haha - love the beige color!

xox
Jen

Anonymous said...

LOVE the transformation - so warm and inviting!

Kelly said...

it looks beautiful! love all the wonderful dishes you have in your hutch!

Brittany said...

looks great! love the wooden spice boxes.

Princess Danell said...

ok...I need a close up picture of your table scape so that I can work on copying in right away. I LOVE it, the whole room redo is fab!

Princess Danell said...

OK...I kept reading back and found all the table loveliness posted. Duh! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...