Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Outside With Mama

The other day on Facebook, I announced that I had just had one of the most fun days of my life with Carter in our backyard.  I wasn't exaagerating at all.  It truly was one of the best afternoons of my life so far.  The girls were at school, and it was just me and my little man.  Carter had gotten restless so I thought we'd go outside and get some fresh air.  Carter LOVES to be outside.  Loves it more than anything.  The minute he hits the ground outside his whole demeanor changes and he just lights up.  So sweet. 


We didn't do anything special - just played with each other, laughed, ran and swung on the swing. Carter spent most of his time examining pebbles (the way he says the word "pebbles" is truly the cutest thing I think I've ever heard) and acorns, and when he wasn't doing that he was running the length of our yard. I love the way he runs - all loosey-goosey, like he's going to fall any minute, but with complete joy and abandon. Carter took an armful of his "choo-choos" (the word he uses for any vehicle - car, truck, actual choo-choo - they are all "choo-choos" to Carter. Heartbreakingly cute.) outside and we drove them around in the grass. He kept getting grass on his hands and then proclaiming it "duh-ty" (dirty) and throwing handfuls of grass to the ground, only to then look for the grass he had just thrown. I swear he was trying to reattach the individual blades of grass to their rightful spots in the yard. Oh how this boy makes me laugh. The smiles on both of our faces couldn't have been bigger.









I want to remember this day forever.  Me and my son.  Sometimes I still can't believe that I have a boy.  I was such a "girl" mom before Carter came along, and he has just completely changed my whole world.  I love being with him, and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual.  Here's to many more afternoons filled with pebbles, choo-choos, digging in the dirt, belly laughs and grimy kisses.  I can't wait to see what comes next.



Side note - please ignore the fat lip.  Sadly, it's pretty typical.  He has no fear and gets hurt ALL of the time =(

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness Heather, if he's not the cutest thing ever I don't know what is!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pics!!! Yes, all boy!...and we know all too well about the fat lip ;)

Isn't it funny how God gives us "girl mamas" a little boy to just rock our world??? LOVE how Hudson has changed my once pink-only life!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful afternoon with Carter! He's precious!

Unknown said...

he is soooooo cute!!! out of control cute!

Julie said...

Heather! Finally got a minute to stop by your blog. Great photos!! And thanks for your comment about your canvases. So glad you love them. Your great quality photos have a lot to do with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...