Monday, December 8, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Posted by Heather L. at 8:18 AM
Monday, December 1, 2008
I go back every three weeks now, so my next appointment is the week of Christmas. My little guy is starting to kick and move all.the.time now - and I just love it! I'm so thankful for a healthy baby and a healthy pregnancy. I just feel very lucky today.
Posted by Heather L. at 11:24 AM
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Where is your cell phone? purse
Where is your significant other? driving
Your hair? highlighted
Your mother? giving
Your father? kind
Your favorite thing? family
Your dream last night? weird
Your dream/goal? happiness
The room you're in? kitchen
Your fear? regret
Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
Where were you last night? home
What you're not? organized
One of your wish list items? vacation
Where you grew up? Georgia
The last thing you did? eat
What are you wearing? pajamas
Your TV? big
Your pet? nonexistent
Your computer? addicting
Your life? awesome
Your mood? lazy
Missing someone? Nanny
Your car? cool
Something you're not wearing? earrings
Your summer? short
Love someone? family
Your favorite color? pink
When is the last time you laughed? today
Last time you cried? today
I'm going to tag some of my fellow blogging friends in hopes they'll play along!
Posted by Heather L. at 3:04 PM
I do have to get myself motivated, though - we are attempting to take our Christmas card pictures today. Wish me luck! Photographing four unwilling kids isn't going to be easy! I'll post the results later.
On another note, I haven't had a chance to blog about our *horrible* week. Rodney was traveling for business (of course - the only times he travels bad things happen - last time he went I got a terrible stomach virus) and Emily and started getting a little sick. Well, a little sick turned into ALOT sick for poor Emily, and she ended up with a fever of 106.8!!! Needless to say, we spent some time in the ER, and I was scared out of my mind. She has slowly recovered but missed almost a week of school. Luckily, she made it to her Tuneful Turkey performance, which was just absolutely precious. As I mentioned earlier, I was pretty sick, too, and got about 2 hours' sleep the entire week. Thank goodness my hubby is now home, and we are all getting well again. I'm hoping for good health through the new year around here!!!
Posted by Heather L. at 2:44 PM
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I've had my eye on these camera strap covers for quite awhile - while we were at Disney, my strap was killing my neck. I love all the gorgeous fabrics available!!! I really, REALLY want to win this - check it out, you could win, too!!!!
Posted by Heather L. at 8:17 AM
Sunday, November 9, 2008
8 TV Shows I Love to Watch:
1. A Baby Story
2. Bringing Home Baby (see a theme here LOL?)
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. House Hunters
5. Extreme Makeover Home Edition
6. The Girls Next Door
7. Wife Swap
8 Favorite Restaurants:
2. Willy's (local burrito place)
3. California Pizza Kitchen
4. Brio (italian place)
6. OK Cafe (yummiest veggies EVER!)
7. Steak n Shake
8. Sweet Tomato's
8 Things That Happened Today:
1. We skipped church to avoid germs (going to Disney in 2 days)
2. I went to the grocery store
3. Emily woke up at 7am - UGH!!!
4. I took pictures of bows I need to list on ebay
5. I helped Lindsey study science
6. We made chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches for dessert tonight - yum!
7. I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch
8. I dried Lindsey's hair after her shower - it takes forever!!!
8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. Having a baby boy =)
2. Our Disney trip
3. Christmas - decorating, celebrating, everything about it!
4. Snuggling w/my hubby tonight
6. Seeing Emily's Thanksgiving program at school
7. Getting the baby's nursery set up and decorated
8. Losing weight after pregnancy
8 Things on My Wish List:
1. Diamond stud earrings
2. A new camera (I haven't told DH this yet LOL!)
3. Pottery Barn Kids advent calendar
4. A crib for the baby
5. A stroller/car seat combo for the baby
6. New maternity clothes
7. Shoes (for me!)
8. Nursing gowns/PJ's
Posted by Heather L. at 2:22 PM
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Posted by Heather L. at 3:47 PM
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Posted by Heather L. at 5:20 PM
Thursday, October 23, 2008
In order to claim my prize (which, in my mind, is hot chocolate - YUM!!!), I have to answer some questions:
1. Do you have the same friends since childhood? I have a few friends from childhood that I do keep in touch with, and several from high school that I am still very good friends with. Thanks to Facebook, I have gotten reconnected with some friends from elementary and middle school, and I am loving that!
2. What do you value most about your friends? I value knowing that my friends accept me for who I am, and will have my back when I need them to.
3. Are your friends your sounding boards? That would be a big YES!!! When I have something going on in my life, whether good or bad, I immediately have to tell my friends. I am lucky enough to have friends that will put up with all my whining =)
4. What is your favorite activity to share with your friends? I love going out to lunch and just chatting, or helping my friends plan parties. My best friend and I are huge party planners and we like nothing more than obsessing about every last detail.
Since there are 4 cups of liquid, I'm keeping one for myself (ok, I'm keeping two for myself because I don't have a third blogger friend to pass it to - how sad!) and passing the others along to....(and don't laugh because I don't know how to do the cute hyperlink thing - anyone care to fill me in?)....
Londie - http://onlyone2spoil.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the award, Angie! I am so glad we are friends!
Posted by Heather L. at 7:38 AM
Monday, September 29, 2008
Posted by Heather L. at 9:44 PM
Sunday, September 28, 2008
A little about me - my name is Heather, and I am a stay at home mom (was a CPA and a recruiter in a former life!) to two precious girls. Lulu (not her real name, but her nickname!) is 9 and Junebug (again, nickname) is 5. They are pretty funny little girls so I usually have some crazy story to share about them and the hilarious things they say (well, I think they're hilarious, and yes, I know I am their mom, but trust me on this - they're funny!). I also have two sweet stepsons, ages 17 and 13. They tend to stay out of the limelight (and out of the view of my camera lens) but I may be able to share some pics of them from time to time (when they least expect it). We are also expecting our surprise baby - a BOY! - on March 13th. I am married to the love of my life, my DH ("Dear Husband") who puts up with me (most of the time). I also own my own business, Lulu and Junebug (original, huh?). I make hair accessories and jewelry for little girls, and love every minute of it. My website is www.luluandjunebug.com.
Hopefully, my blog will be a place to share about our day to day lives, as well as share some of my latest creations. Thanks for reading!
Posted by Heather L. at 2:16 PM