Thursday, March 11, 2010

Carter's Circus Party

{click on image to make it larger}


We had Carter's MUCH anticipated circus birthday party last weekend - I still can't believe that my baby boy is ONE! SOB!!!


As usual, my party planning went into overdrive on this one, and I had SOOOO much fun putting it all together. With the help of my mom (who always goes along with my whims!) and my best friend (who stayed the night before until after 11pm to help me decorate), I was able to pull off a pretty cute party for my sweet baby boy.


We held the party at our community's clubhouse - it was easier and bigger to accomodate all of our guests. However, it was a little difficult to decorate such a big, blank space. I felt like I had TON of decorations, until I got there!


First off - here he is - my BEAUTIFUL boy!!! Be still my heart!



This is the shirt my mom helped me sew - note to self, don't attempt sewing in a circle the first time you even touch a sewing machine! It wasn't pretty - thankfully my mom was there to rescue me!



Now for the decorating fun - first, the outside - we had a few games set up (I didn't have alot of time to put this part together, so don't laugh at how pitiful they are!) and we tried to make the outside of the door look like a circus tent!






Entry table with the favors (boxes of animal crackers!) and month by month banner I made in Photoshop:




This is a TERRIBLE picture of the amazing banner my mom made - she's so talented! It was adorable!



A couple of centerpieces - I had bigger plans for these, but these were what I had time for and they were cute enough!




The candy bar - the biggest hit of the party with the kids! The painting on the wall (you may see a couple more in other pics) was done by my dad when he was EIGHT years old! How cute are they? And so special to be able to use them at my son's first birthday party =)






The "concession stand" - this was before all the food was put out. We had hotdogs, popcorn, soft pretzels, peanuts and chips - circus food!



The adorable cakes - Carter's "smash" cake got a little pre-smashed when it was taken out of the box - ha!




Carter's high chair bunting - made by my mom:



Cute photo opp that I purchased at Hobby Lobby:



I also had a "photo booth" set up with a clown wig, glasses and a clown nose, but it was super windy and the place we had it set up outside wasn't the best idea - so it wasn't my "vision" but at least I got this shot of my dad - ha!



Carter was none too thrilled with his cake - nor his party hat which I made and he wore for approximately 2.2 seconds! At least I snapped a quick picture!





A few more pics of our fun day! Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet boy!









Sharing here:

The CSI Project

9 comments:

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Oh my goodness! What a great birthday party. The decorations are so fun and I love how you took the theme to the max. I feel like such a slacker!

The t-shirt is adorable as well!

Amber said...

Found your blog through Angel at Tada :) Great birthdya party! It puts my daughter's 1st birthday party to shame :)

House of Smiths said...

Oh my WORD how cute is you blog! I love the party idea! So creative, fun and fresh! Great stuff, girl.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comments!
Shelley Smith
houseofsmiths.blogspot.com
wonderfullywordy.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

SO CUTE Heather!!! Love that first pic of Carter too - his eyes are so beautiful! How sweet that you were able to use your dad's painting - I love stuff like that :) Love the cake and the candy stand and the banner and... :) Great job!!!

P.S. Got your sweet package in the mail yesterday!!!! L-O-V-E everything! Thank you so very much - what a wonderful surprise!

Shan @ Design Gal said...

just stumbled upon your blog and i love it! this party is so adorable!!!

Janel said...

How CUTE!!! you did a great job on the party and it looks like it was so much fun!!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such a sweet comment!

Janel
mackenziescraftymom.blogspot.com

Katie said...

Heather ~

I love Carter's birthday shirt. What a wonderful party! You are so creative!

Amanda said...

Love your blog - great party! Look forward to reading more!

Unknown said...

super cute! A lot of great details! I am coveting that ferris wheel and the animals on the sticks - great job!

hugs
Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...