Monday, August 22, 2011

Random thoughts...

Things have been so busy around our household for the past few weeks!  I am really just trying to keep up.  I have so many random thoughts - so I figured I'd just put them into one blog post =)

  • If you have been following "So You Think You Can Dance," you know that the AMAZING Melanie Moore won.  Well, guess what?  We KNOW Melanie!  She graduated from my daughters' dance school just last year.  There was a huge pep rally/viewing party at the high school she graduated from, and the girls and I were there to see her win.  SOOOO exciting!!!!


On a (not so) funny side note, right as they were getting ready to announce the winner, like seconds before, the live feed we had went out!  Literally, they said, "And the winner is...." and then the feed was gone!  It was SOO stressful!  Once it came back on, we saw Melanie crying, and it took a second for us to realize that she had won!  Craziness!!!!

This past weekend, there was a meet and greet with Melane at our dance school.  I think Carter was more excited than anyone.  He has been watching Melanie all these weeks and totally knows who she is.  He saw her across the room while we were waiting to talk to her, and he said, "There's Mewanie!!!!"  Then he said, "She's CUTE!!!"  Haha!  When we got up to her, he was a little shy, but as you can see in the picture below, he was all smiles.  We are just SO PROUD of Melanie - she is so humble and sweet, not to mention an amazing dancer!  We are going to see the SYTYCD tour when it comes to Atlanta.  Can't wait!!!


  • I have been listing on ebay like a madwoman!!!  I have 50 auctions up.  I am exhausted, but I sure do need the money so I keep plugging away!  If you want to take a peek at what I have listed, you can go here.

Part of what I have listed - so much stuff!!!
  • I can't figure out HOW to store all of these tissue poms I made for Emmy's party.  I really don't want to get rid of them, but what the heck do I do with them?  Any ideas?  I really need them OUT of my dining room.  My poor husband.

  • We started school a week ago, and I sure do miss my girls - but not nearly as much as Carter misses them!  I wish it was summer again.  Boo.


  • Speaking of school, it's back to packing lunches again!  Not my favorite job, I will admit.  Mainly because I feel like I pack the same things over and over again.  I am sure my kids are sick of sandwiches!  I would love some new ideas for lunches - if you have any for me, please leave me a comment.  Emily loves for me to send her notes to school.  I decided to find some silly jokes to put in her lunch box, instead of the usual boring "Have a good day!" notes I had been sending.  I wrote out a few today to put in her lunch this week. 
  • I am about 80% done with Lindsey's room.  We are redoing it in an aqua/pink/black color scheme.  It's turning out REALLY cute!  This is about the time with every project that I start slacking off.  I don't know what's wrong with me - I think I get overwhelmed or something.  The only things I have left to do are pretty labor-intensive, so I guess I just keep doing other things and avoiding getting it done.  I am going to try REALLY hard to get some things done this week!  I can't wait to share it.

  • My mom is a collector of all things vingtage Raggedy Ann.  She has an AMAZING collection!  She is trying to downsize a little bit, so she wants me to help her sell some of her stuff.  I am pretty overwhelmed by this task!  I am going to try to list on ebay, but do you think I'd do better on Etsy?  Thoughts???



If you know anyone who collects vintage Raggedy Ann items, please send them my way!!!
  • Am I the only one who has laundry draped all over my house every day?  I hope not.  There are not enough hours in the day.


  • Dance starts today for both Emily and Lindsey.  They are both in the Performing Company this year.  Things are about to get real busy, real fast!




That's all I've got for today - if you've made it this far, thank you!!!  Have a great week, everyone!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...